Reading Time: 9 minutes
April is Car Care Month! To celebrate this, let’s focus on fuel efficiency cars! And what about the incredible advances in automotive technology that make driving more eco-friendly and economical?
As the prices of gas continue to fluctuate, consumers want to invest in vehicles that not only save them money, but also help reduce their carbon footprint. This article highlights the top 10 fuel efficient cars for 2023, helping you make the best choice for your wallet and the environment.
Top Fuel Efficient Cars 2023 | Save Money and Go Green This Car Care Month
In recent years, car makers have worked hard to improve fuel efficiency. They introduced hybrid and electric cars and upgraded engine technology. Thanks to these efforts, miles per gallon (MPG) numbers have gone up a lot. Back in the 1970s, the average car got only 13 MPG. But by 2021, the average car reached a record high of 25.4 MPG.
The Rise of Fuel Efficiency
Why is there a higher demand for cheap fuel efficient cars? This can be attributed to various factors. They include:
With many automakers pledging to go all-electric in the next 10 to 20 years, we can expect even more impressive fuel efficiency numbers in the future.
Why are fuel efficient cars better?
As Car Care Month encourages us to pay attention to our vehicles’ maintenance and performance, it’s also a great time to consider the benefits of fuel-efficient cars. Not only do they help save money at the pump, but they also contribute to a greener future.
Nationwide Auto Transportation is a trusted name in auto shipping. As such, they are dedicated to providing reliable services that ensure your fuel-efficient car reaches its destination safely and efficiently.
So, without further ado, let’s dive into what are the most fuel-efficient cars on the market in 2023, including EVs and hybrids?
Top 5 Most Fuel Efficient Cars of 2023 (Including EVs and Hybrids)
What are the safest and most fuel-efficient cars?
Lucid Air Pure 2023
The 2023 Lucid Air Pure takes the crown as the most fuel-efficient car, offering an impressive 140 MPG equivalent.
- This luxury electric sedan not only delivers on efficiency but also provides a comfortable and high-tech driving experience.
- With a starting price of $87,400, it’s a premium option for those prioritizing fuel economy.
Tesla Model 3
A close runner-up, the 2023 Tesla Model 3 offers a combined 132 MPG equivalent.
- As one of the most popular electric vehicles, the Model 3 boasts a sleek design, advanced technology, and excellent performance.
- With a starting price of $43,490, it’s a more affordable option for those seeking an efficient and stylish EV.
Chevrolet Bolt EV ‘23
How good is gas mileage for most cheap fuel efficient cars? The 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EV comes in third place with a respectable 120 MPG equivalent.
- This all-electric hatchback is known for its practicality and affordability.
- Price range of $25,600 to $28,800.
- The Bolt EV is an excellent option for buyers seeking a budget-friendly, eco-conscious choice.
MINI Cooper SE Hardtop
The 2023 MINI Cooper SE Hardtop offers a combined 110 MPG equivalent, making it a fun and fuel-efficient option.
- This electric hatchback retains the iconic MINI design and adds a unique electric twist.
- With a starting price of $29,900, it’s a great choice for those who want a blend of style, performance, and efficiency.
Porsche Taycan GTS
Rounding out the top 5 is the 2023 Porsche Taycan GTS, offering an 82 MPG equivalent.
- This luxury electric sports car combines the performance and design Porsche is known for with outstanding fuel efficiency.
- Starting at $134,100, it’s a high-end option for those seeking both exhilaration and eco-friendliness.
What are Some Good Fuel Efficient Cars 2023 (Excluding EVs and Hybrids)
- The 2023 Mitsubishi Mirage stands out as the most fuel efficient non-hybrid car, offering an impressive 39 MPG combined.
- This subcompact hatchback is budget-friendly, providing a practical and economical choice for buyers.
- With a starting price of $16,245, it’s an affordable option for those prioritizing fuel efficiency.
The 2023 Hyundai Elantra comes in second, with an estimated 37 MPG combined.
- This compact sedan is known for its spacious interior, stylish design, and an array of standard features.
- With a starting price ranging from $20,500 to $26,350, the Elantra offers great value for the money.
The 2023 Honda Civic boasts a fuel economy of 36 MPG combined.
- A popular choice among compact car buyers, the Civic offers a comfortable ride, ample cargo space, and advanced safety features.
- With a starting price between $24,650 and $29,650, it’s an attractive option for those seeking fuel efficiency and reliability.
The 2023 Kia Rio also delivers a combined 36 MPG.
- This subcompact car offers a comfortable interior, user-friendly technology, and a smooth ride.
- With a starting price between $16,550 and $17,490, the Rio is an affordable choice for budget-conscious buyers.
Rounding out the top five, the 2023 Toyota Corolla offers a combined 35 MPG.
- This well-rounded compact car is known for its reliability, safety features, and comfortable cabin.
- With a starting price from $21,550, the Corolla remains a popular choice for those seeking fuel efficiency and dependability.
Celebrate Car Care Month
So far, we’ve covered the top fuel-efficient cars of 2023 in both the electric/hybrid and traditional gas-powered categories. From luxury electric sedans like the Lucid Air Pure and Tesla Model 3, to budget-friendly options such as the Mitsubishi Mirage and Hyundai Elantra. There’s a fuel-efficient car for everyone, no matter your preferences or budget.
Fuel-Efficient Sports Cars
How much more money do fuel-efficient cars save? Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? For those who seek the thrill of a sports car without compromising on fuel efficiency, 2023 has got you covered. Here are some of the sportiest fuel-efficient cars you can find this year:
Porsche Taycan GTS
Already mentioned earlier, this luxurious electric sports car offers an 82 MPG equivalent. At the same time it maintains the performance Porsche is famous for. It’s like having a guilt-free adrenaline rush!
Fuel efficient sports cars – 2023 BMW i8
A plug-in hybrid, fuel efficient sports car with an impressive 69 MPG equivalent. No wonder the i8 combines futuristic design with eco-friendly performance. The eye-catching butterfly doors turn heads for all the right reasons.
Fuel Efficient Luxury Cars
Do you crave a touch of class while still keeping an eye on the environment? Consider these fuel efficient luxury cars that offer the best of both worlds:
Lucid Air Pure
As we mentioned earlier, this luxurious electric sedan offers a whopping 140 MPG equivalent. This proves that elegance and eco-friendliness can go hand in hand.
Audi e-Tron GT
This all-electric luxury sedan boasts a combined 90 MPG equivalent. Yet, it offers a refined driving experience. With its sleek design and advanced tech, you’ll be living the high life in style.
Best Small Fuel Efficient Cars
Sometimes, good things come in small packages. If you’re looking for something compact and fuel efficient, these small wonders will have you zipping around town with ease:
Already mentioned as the most fuel efficient non-hybrid car, this subcompact hatchback offers an impressive 39 MPG combined. Perfect for city dwellers and budget-conscious drivers alike.
With an estimated 36 MPG combined, the Fit is a versatile and fuel efficient option. Especially for those seeking a small car with a surprising amount of cargo space.
Top Fuel Efficient Used Cars
If you’re looking to save some green (both in your wallet and the environment), consider these fuel efficient used cars.
2017 Toyota Prius
They are by no means fuel efficient sports cars. This hybrid is not only one of the most fuel efficient cars ever but also a reliable choice with a combined 52 MPG. Grabbing a used Prius means you’re getting a proven winner, at a fraction of the cost.
2016 Chevrolet Volt
This plug-in hybrid offers a combined 42 MPG when running on gas. Further, a 106 MPG equivalent when using electricity. With its affordable used prices, it’s a fantastic option for those wanting a taste of the electric life, without breaking the bank.
What are the most fuel efficient cars on the market?
In summary, there’s no shortage of fuel efficient options in 2023! Whether you’re seeking sports cars, luxury cars, small cars, or even used vehicles. With these eco-friendly choices, you can enjoy the benefits of fuel efficiency without sacrificing style, performance, or comfort. Happy driving!
Now that you’re acquainted with the top fuel-efficient cars of 2023, you’re better equipped to find the perfect match for your driving needs and preferences. Remember, your choices matter! Let’s work together to create a greener and more sustainable future on the road. Happy Car Care Month!
Tips for Choosing a Fuel Efficient Car
Selecting the perfect fuel-efficient car can feel overwhelming. Still, with a few key factors in mind, you’ll be cruising in your eco-friendly ride in no time. Nationwide Auto Transportation has many insightful blog posts on How to Choose the Best Car for You that can help guide your decision-making process. Here are some additional tips specific to fuel efficiency:
- Prioritize fuel economy ratings: Look for high MPG or MPGe ratings in the cars you’re considering. The higher the rating, the better the fuel efficiency.
- Choosing between a hybrid, plug-in hybrid, or electric vehicle requires careful consideration of factors such as:
- driving habits
- charging infrastructure
- and tax incentives. Each type has its own pros and cons, so it’s important to weigh them carefully.
- Consider the size and weight: Smaller, lighter cars tend to be more fuel-efficient than their larger counterparts.
- Research the engine and transmission: Turbocharged and diesel engines, as well as continuously variable transmissions (CVTs), can often provide better fuel efficiency.
Choosing between a hybrid, plug-in hybrid, or electric vehicle requires careful consideration of factors such as driving habits, charging infrastructure, and tax incentives. Each type has its own pros and cons, so it’s important to weigh them carefully.
Moreover, the size and weight of a car also affects its fuel efficiency. Smaller and lighter cars tend to be more fuel-efficient than larger vehicles.
When it comes to the engine and transmission, options like turbocharged and diesel engines, as well as continuously variable transmissions (CVTs), can provide better fuel efficiency. Research these factors before making your final decision.
How to Improve Fuel Efficiency in Your Current Car
People buy more fuel efficient cars today than ever before. If you happen not to drive the most fuel efficient used cars, what happens to the price and quantity of gas?
Even if you’re not in the market for a new fuel efficient car, there are still ways to improve the fuel efficiency of your current ride. Here are some hints to help you get the most out of every drop:
Keep up with routine car maintenance
- Regular oil changes
- tire rotations
- checking your tire pressure
Avoid aggressive driving
- Rapid acceleration and hard braking can lower your fuel economy.
- Aim for smooth, gradual changes in speed and gentle stops.
Turn off your engine if you’ll be stopped for more than a minute or two. Idling wastes fuel and contributes to pollution.
Remove excess weight and reduce drag
- Extra weight in your car and accessories like roof racks can decrease fuel efficiency.
- Keep your car clean and remove unnecessary items to lighten the load.
- Use cruise control when appropriate
- Maintaining a constant speed on the highway can help improve fuel economy.
Use cruise control when appropriate
Maintaining a constant speed on the highway can help improve fuel economy.
By taking these steps, you can maximize the fuel efficiency of your current car. You also contribute to a greener driving experience.
Top 10 Fuel Efficient Cars 2023: Conclusion and Next Steps
As Car Care Month continues, we hope this guide has helped you explore not only the top large and small fuel efficient cars available in 2023. We trust you now understand how to make the most of your current vehicle’s fuel efficiency.
Nationwide Auto Transportation is committed to helping you make informed decisions when it comes to your car. Whether it’s finding the most fuel efficient used cars, or transporting your vehicle safely and efficiently across the country, we are there for you.
Remember, fuel efficiency not only benefits your wallet but also contributes to a cleaner environment. This Car Care Month, let’s work together to prioritize fuel efficiency and make greener choices on the road.
Are you considering shipping your fuel-efficient vehicle, or any other car? Then don’t hesitate to try our free shipping calculator for a no-obligation quote. Drive safe, and happy motoring!
As we celebrate Car Care Month, we highlight the importance of fuel efficiency. Not just for cost savings but also for its positive impact on the environment. Nationwide Auto Transportation understands the significance of choosing a fuel-efficient vehicle. We are here to support your commitment to eco-conscious choices by offering top-notch auto transportation services for your new car.