Reading Time: 6 minutes
Shipping your car from one city to another a few states away? Make use of the nationwide vehicle shipping services of a well oiled and trained professional auto transportation company to give you peace of mind. You should be able to access vehicle shipping nationwide and shipping quotes on the available websites, making use of the online car shipping calculator.
The auto transportation industry moves cars from one destination to another. Open transport (more economical) or enclosed transport (more protection) are two options for car shipping. Transporting your car on an open carrier truck will typically cost 30-40% less than transporting a vehicle in an enclosed carrier. The choice is yours: Although open transportation is very safe (and we have an almost 100% damage-free record!), enclosed carriers do offer more protection.
In order to request a nationwide car shipping quote, you will need to provide them with information including the vehicle’s make, model, weight, and size and the amount and distance it will travel.
Use our instant online vehicle shipping cost calculator to get a more accurate estimate of the cost of shipping your vehicle. Our Nationwide Vehicle Shipping service is tailored to meet your needs, and the cost depends on those same requirements.
Expert Tip: Always make sure you are comfortable with the company’s online Nationwide Vehicle Shipping reviews.
Factors that determine nationwide vehicle shipping rates and costs
You will discover that shipping rates for vehicles are not static. For short distances (up to 500 miles), vehicle shipping costs around $1.96 per mile or $588 if the trip is 300 miles. If you travel medium distances (500-1500 miles), it will cost you about $.93 per mile or $930 if you are traveling 1000 miles. For long distances (more than 1500 miles), distance is about 1c/mile or $870 for a 1500-mile journey. Several factors determine the cost of shipping your vehicle.
Based on the following factors, our vehicle shipping calculator provides you with an instant quote:
- Distance—the distance your vehicle will have to be shipped from one location to its destination. Perhaps you already know that the greater your distance, the more expensive it will be. Despite the fact that the longer trips cost less per mile, there are more miles involved. That will be reflected in your quote.
- The size and type of vehicle—the size of the vehicle that you need to ship will also be a factor when the quote is given. As well as the make and model of your car, especially if it’s a supercar, because that needs specialist equipment and care.
- The condition of your vehicle—if the vehicle that you’re shipping does not run at the moment. There will be extra costs. This is because they need to use a forklift or other additional loading methods for loading and unloading your vehicle.
Knowledge is Power
- The route—Routes within larger metropolitan areas at the beginning or end are likely to be less costly. Dispatch vehicles will always be available on heavily traveled routes or popular routes so their costs will be lower.
- Depending on the time of year—your rates will differ depending on the time of year you decide to ship your vehicle. Prices are set by truckers according to demand. Shipping seasonal vehicles is easy to understand when you consider the wintertime shipment of vehicles. They significantly increase demand along the entire eastern seaboard. Our nationwide auto shipping calculator caters for these seasonal variations.
- The weather conditions—Poor weather makes it harder to do things in any part of the country and it increases the cost. Therefore, prices are kept down in good weather conditions.
- The price of fuel. Gas and diesel rates are taken into account during shipping. Shipping companies hold onto a rate for as long as possible.
- The Covid19 pandemic—because of all the extra precautions that have to be taken by drivers the costs have gone up during this time. Lockdowns also made life a bit harder which also contributed to price increases.
How to use the Nationwide vehicle shipping calculator
You will be able to remain completely anonymous when you decide to use our online vehicle shipping calculator. This is until you book our services to have your car transported.
Know this information to determine the estimated cost of having your car shipped. Only accept the car shipping contract when you’re ready for it.
- Drop-Off and Pick-up locations.
- The make and model of the vehicle you need to have shipped.
- The condition of the vehicle—running condition or not.
- The value of the vehicle
- The special features you might want to use, such as open or closed transportation.
An instant quote will be available soon after you’ve entered all the information on the online calculator.
Obligation free car shipping quotes
An online shipping calculator is a free tool available for you to use when you need nationwide car shipping services. You are not liable for any costs unless you decide to make a booking. The vehicle shipping quote that you will receive from the online calculator is absolutely free. The whole idea of vehicle shipping becomes less scary when you make use of the online calculator to estimate the costs.
We have created a unique nationwide vehicle shipping quote calculator that takes into account key auto moving factors to accurately estimate your car moving costs. With our calculator, you will receive three quotes with different rates that reflect your auto shipping needs. Vehicle shipping rates are simple and easy to understand online rate calculators. We are always open to answer your questions morning, noon, and night when it comes to auto shipping costs.
Different types of nationwide vehicle shipping available
- Enclosed truck car carrier. This is the more expensive way of shipping any vehicle, however it is recommended for cars of high value and luxury or classic cars. Enclosed transportation is the typical method for shipping these cars. This ensures that your vehicle is not exposed to any weather elements or road debris. It remains your choice and preference.
- Open transportation—open carrier auto transportation is the budget-friendly option. Your car will still be handled with utmost care and respect and you will be able to choose whether it should be transported on the top or bottom rack.
- Transportation of exotic motors—high value and exotic cars like Bugatti or Ferrari should always be transported in enclosed transportation. The last thing you want is for your baby’s paint job to be damaged.
- Classic car transportation—in most instances these cars have all their original parts and paint and they need to be preserved. They should not be exposed to weather elements. That’s why it’s important to store it in a temperature controlled facility.
- Expedited shipping is a premium service where you pay to have a rush put on your booking.
Shipping your vehicle overseas
Do you need services to have your car shipped overseas? Our online shipping calculator is of great assistance to get an estimated amount that it will cost to transport your car to the appropriate seaport from where it will be shipped by boat to your international destination. If you’re shipping your vehicle as a Personal Change of Address (military) move, you might be eligible for a discount.
Choosing to use a vehicle shipping company may be scary especially if your car has sentimental value or if it is a classic or luxury car. But if you weigh all the pros and cons of shipping against driving you will see that it is so much more beneficial to make use of a professional nationwide car shipping services company.
Your car will be insured and transported without you having to worry about mileage or damage. NAT are professionals that do this job daily. And have the equipment to move your car safely.
Our online nationwide vehicle shipping calculator is a fast, easy and effective way of getting your quote. And you have the benefit of making your booking for shipping if you choose to do so immediately. Within a few easy steps you will be ready to ship or transport your car the way you choose to within the timeframe you have to.